When you are having a party there are a lot of things that you need to take into consideration. A perfect hostess wants her guests to have the most wonderful time. You want your guests to leave feeling happy, satisfied and in the party mood. Parties are wonderful occasions and are even more enjoyable when they go swimmingly.
Throwing a party can be very overwhelming for the host. There is so much to think about and organize: venue, catering, decoration, guest list and more! But regardless of whether you're having a cocktail party, a bingo for free game or a holiday party, every party is better with some good old fashioned drinks. Here are my top 10 party tips for you.
- Keep it simple.
- If you're serving beer, offer one regular and one light.
- If you're serving wine, offer a good merlot and chardonnay.
- If you're serving soft drinks, we recommend offering Coke, Diet Coke, and 7-up.
- Don't forget the bottled water and ice.
- Feature one really good "house" drink.
- Have enough glasses, but not five different kinds.
- If you feature a martini, it's got to be in a martini glass.
- The rule of thumb is to have 2-1/2 glasses for each guest.
- Beverages need napkins. Get at least as many napkins as glasses — more if you're planning on using
them for passed hors d'oeuvres.