Football season is the perfect excuse to get together with friends and family! By adding details to your tailgate party, you are sure to kickoff the season right.
It’s all about showing your pride for your team in a creative way. Let others know that you are a true fan and that you know how to have fun. Become the tailgating
pro with these great ideas!
* Forget the paper. Send an inflatable football to your guests with the party details written on it with a marker instead of the usual flat invite. Invitees have to inflate the football to get the who, where and when!
* Show your spirit! Have guests come in their favorite team’s jerseys or colors. It’ll add to the décor, fun and spirit! Adding a little face paint never hurts.
* Cool centerpieces. Use unique fun pieces like a football helmet and stuff it with flowers or even chips to play double duty!
* Themed Food. Get into the spirit by preparing a meal that your team would enjoy! If they are a team from the south, cook up some good ol’ southern food. No matter what, don’t forget the beer! Remember to not prepare recipes that will keep you locked int he kitchen all night. Think finger foods or buffet style food.
* Play football charades. Divide your guests into teams and give each team word cards. Each team takes a turn trying to guess the football related word by acting it out. The team that guesses the most words wins.
*If you want to decorate, decorate with your favorite team colors. Use footballs, team jerseys, goal posts and confetti.
Above all… have a blast.